Monday, April 26, 2010

Does the printed sheet face up or down when you make a bed?

My husband and I have argued over this point for twenty years. I say the printed side stays up, and he says the printed side or nicer side faces down so you can fold over the top. Please help Martha Stuart!Does the printed sheet face up or down when you make a bed?
I've always seen the printed side up.Does the printed sheet face up or down when you make a bed?
my mom has always said to put the printed side down on flannel sheets - it's supposed to be warmer or softer or something, and then with regular cotton sheets... printed side up.
Down and then folded over.





This is one of the many reasons I don't bother with top sheets- they just annoy me...
Not sure if I understood the quesion properly but will answer base from what I think you meant anway. The printed side should be up ( as this is the whole aim of having a printed side- to show) . When you fold it at the top you make a double fold. i.e first make the fold so you can see the back side, fold again by bring the upside on top. Now all the printed side should be up. The clue is in the double fold. That's how I do my beds. I have three ways , this is the main way.
Per Martha Stewart's show on how to make a perfect bed.





The printed or pretty side goes down





Per her website:


The top sheet always goes wrong-side up. That way, when you fold it back over the blanket, the right side will show. It makes more of a difference with a printed sheet, because the attractive printed side will be displayed. But even with a plain sheet, the hem should show when you fold back the sheet.
I always put face down so when you fold over it looks pretty.
my mom says down looks better to
Up. Why fold over the top?
up

No comments:

Post a Comment