Monday, April 26, 2010

What do you put on your face before you put on your make-up?

Is there like a special oil or something you can put so your make-up won't get ruined?What do you put on your face before you put on your make-up?
It is best to apply moisturiser and a primer before you apply make up to your face. You don't have to but it prepares and smooths out the skin before you put on fondation and helps keep it on all day. There are loads out there some of which are:


GOSH foundation primer.


Smashbox primer


NO7 primer





Hope this helpsWhat do you put on your face before you put on your make-up?
If I have the time, I'll usually wash my face, and then apply Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light. I highly recommend to not use any kind of special oil (and I'm not sure there are any out there), as it could very well lead to breaking out, especially with putting makeup on top. The Smashbox primer I use is great because it preps the skin for makeup, while drying to a matte finish. I hardly ever have to touch mine up, so I'd say it does a pretty good job of preventing any makeup ruining.
Use a face wash that has exfoliating beads in it. Its a subject of much debate and you'll just have to find one that works best for you. I use St. Ives apricot scrub because its cheap and works well for my skin. (if you have sensitive skin I recommend something gentler). Remember to wash your face with warm water. Gently massage it with the scrubbing wash..and I do mean gently, you aren't waging war on your face. Then rinse in warm water and then rinse several times in cool water.





The cool water helps close your pores and smooth out your complextion. A makeup artist taught it to me and I am a religious cool water rinser now..





Then apply a light moisturizer (again find one you enjoy, there are tons of them) around face and eyes and allow a few minutes to absorb.





All you can do past that is use a primer like mentioned above and practice good application techniques and find make-up that works well with your skin chemistry.





But a good base to makeup is always clean, moisturized skin..





EDIT: I came back to check on this topic as I do with most things I answer and I noticed this statement a few below mine..





';i also wanted to add that i never wash my face before putting makeup on. why would you want to put sloppy gunky makeup all over freshly cleaned %26amp; opened pores? When you wash your face it gets that nice tight feeling, and that should be left to breathe in the air, not slop makeup on it.';





If you rinse with cool water you close your pores and lock in the moisture. You should cleanse your face twice a day to remove dead cells %26amp; dirt + free radicals. Your pillow has germs on it, which can get on your face and clog your pores. The point in applying ';Sloppy makeup'; to clean skin, is simply this..





You cannot wash all your make-up off in one go..try scrubbing your face good, then take a clean cotton pad with a toner on it to your skin and watch how much dirt and make-up come off after you believe your skin is clean..





Overnight your skin starts to purge itself of impurities like make-up and dirt that travel to deeply into your pores to be cleaned..Hence Deep Cleanses and spa masks etc..





As a test..wash your face good at night..even use a toner to clean it up...then get up the next morning and do not wash your face..just swipe over it with a toner..and enjoy seeing all the dirt and make-up that your skin has been purging all night..





Do not ever apply make-up to dirty skin..you are just begging for break-outs, wrinkles, and oil control issues..
All the answers about primer sound like a good idea, i should check that out..


but i also wanted to add that i never wash my face before putting makeup on. why would you want to put sloppy gunky makeup all over freshly cleaned %26amp; opened pores? When you wash your face it gets that nice tight feeling, and that should be left to breathe in the air, not slop makeup on it. i wash my makeup off every night before bed, then in the morning i just wake up and put on moisturizer %26amp; coverup.
aside from using moisturizer on your face, the best thing to use to help your makeup set and last all day is primer. i never believed primer could do anything but it really helps. i use a separate primer for my face and one for my eyelids. you could use the primer for face on eyelids as well.





i use smashbox primer and i love it!
Meet your new bff, foundation primer. It's just a creamy subtance that you put all over your face before foundation, which prevents it from changing colors, and it keeps it on all day.





I suggest the Smashbox one:


http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>





The Benefit one:


http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





Those two are the best.
I just scrub my face with a good facial cleanser before so I could get off any dry/flaky skin and smooth out my skin. I put a little bit of baby oil gel on after so it stays moisturized and apply my foundation and makeup from there.
well, for me personally i dont use a coverup or anything. i just go natural with a good mosturizer. and i only apply eye makeup. nothing else.
I put on lotion for the face... because then the cover up and other make up items won't make your face peel and flak off during the day :)
Cleanser and moisturizer.
Tap water
i put on moisturizer, let it soak into my skin then apply makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment