Monday, April 26, 2010

Does the printed side of a flat sheet face up or down when you make a bed?

My husband and I have argued over this point for twenty years. I say the printed side of the top flat sheet is faced up, and he says the printed side or nicer side faces down so you can fold over the top. Please help Martha Stuart!Does the printed side of a flat sheet face up or down when you make a bed?
The printed side of the top flat sheet is always face down. You are supposed to see the print on both what you are lying on and what is going to cover you (face you) when you are between the sheets. A blanket is usually put over the top flat sheet and in folding the top sheet back, you will see the print. Take a good look at bedding displays sometime.Does the printed side of a flat sheet face up or down when you make a bed?
the printed side faces up not down
My Grandmother always put hers ';face down'; and turned it back so you could see the print. And thats the way I do mine.
What does it matter? I mean, who sees it except you and your husband??? Get non-printed sheets and it's not even an issue any more.
Printed side faces down. Then you fold it down about 1 foot over a blanket... now you can see the print.
it should face up of course!! look at how sheets are shown on the package!!
I'm a sheet person (you know-- some of you are shoe people, or purse people or hat people)-- so I want the print so I can see both sheets when I fold back the spread and top sheet. I figure I paid a really pretty penny for them-- I want to see them! Also, the seam of the hem at the top-- the rough side is opposite the print- yes it is-- go look! So, especially for bed fast persons-- put the rough hem edge away from the patient.
Your bed - do it how you like it - get seperate beds and do it both ways!
if you fold it over, it faces down, if you dont, face it up
Down, so that when you turn the sheet over at the top to cover


top edges of the blankets the pattern shows clearly.
Printed side faces down.
The printed side always faces down towards the mattress. You are suppose to sleep against the good side of the sheet.





When you make the bed you fold town the top of the sheet to display the print.





I estimate that about 90% of people put the sheets on the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment